Chocolate Velvet Cake | Chocolate Velvet Cake Recipe



Chocolate Velvet Cake. A few months ago, I attended a gathering where they served cake balls. After tasting a few different types of the balls, I came home and worked on duplicating the recipe here at home. I tend to go for the easy recipes, so I began with a boxed mix of Red Velvet Cake Mix. We look for cake mixes on sales and stock up when the stores have sales. You literally follow the baking instructions on the box. I used a square Pyrex casserole dish to make the cake. Make sure the cake is cooked through. For me, this required the maximum suggested cooking time. Once cooked, allow the cake to cool completely. I allowed it to cool for about an hour.

Now comes the fun part. If you have kids, they'll love this part. Take this cooked cake and crumble it into a large mixing bowl. You want the entire cake completely crumbled. The red on your hands will wash out. Now, take one can of ready made cream cheese frosting and mix with the crumbled cake. Again, we buy the frostings when they are on sale at the store. If you prefer, you can make your own cream cheese frosting from scratch. I used a spoon to mix it all together. Some of the recipes I've seen suggest using your hands. Since I am often serving food, I prefer to not use my hands and instead use utensils and elbow grease.

share